Evidence Based Learning
Assessment Essentials is a great-value, online course that covers what every teacher needs to know about assessment. It will help your teachers reflect on and develop their practice.
The ten-week course, delivered by Evidence Based Education, follows a micro-lesson structure, designed to fit around the busy timetable of teachers. It includes insight interviews with leading thinkers and practitioners such as Dylan Wiliam, Daisy Christodoulou and John Hattie.
The course will:
- Deepen pedagogical content knowledge of the fundamental underlying principles and practices of great assessment, no matter the subject or phase of education;
- Help to reduce unnecessary workload and increase the effectiveness of classroom practice by honing the skill of evidence-informed decision-making;
- Guide teachers to question existing practices;
- Help link assessment with curriculum and pedagogy, to improve student outcomes;
- Maximise the power of assessment as a tool for learning.
Participants will be required to commit to around 1.5 hours per week for the duration of the ten-week course. The course will follow the structure outlined below:
- Week 1: Introduction and perspectives on assessment
- Week 2: Making the invisible (learning) visible
- Week 3: Harnessing assessment as a powerful learning event
- Week 4: Intent, implementation and impact
- Week 5: Assessment process in your context
- Week 6: Using key assessment theory to guide practice (e.g. validity inc. reliability, etc.)
- Week 7: Fairness in assessment
- Week 8: Theory into practice: selecting and designing assessments
- Week 9: Theory into practice: selecting and designing assessments (pt.2)
- Week 10: Embedding great assessment in your classroom
£95 plus VAT per person (group rates apply on bookings over 9 places)
Ideal for early career and in-service teachers.
Assessment Essentials is an online course.
Learning can begin as soon as registration is complete.
How to book?
Book your place on Assessment Essentials here: https://ebe1.typeform.com/BSME
The Assessment Lead Programme, brought to you by Evidence Based Education’s Assessment Academy, enables school leaders to make their school assessment approach more efficient and enabling staff to make more reliable judgements about what pupils know, can do and need next.
What is the format?
The programme is flexible, but structured and well-supported. You will enjoy:
- 30+ hours of professional learning aligned with the best available evidence, delivered through an innovative and acclaimed online learning platform
- Tools and resources to guide, support and implement change
- Structured collaboration and support – you are not alone!
- Learning in your school context: practice opportunities to scaffold learning – guiding you through the whole process
- Examples from schools working through the everyday practicalities of implementing an integrated assessment system
Who should participate on the course?
It is recommended that the initial two places are taken by the school’s senior leader responsible for assessment, plus one middle leader. Evidence Based Education insist on a minimum of two staff members per school to enrol on the course. Additional places can be taken by anyone in school.
What is the cost?
£1,200 per institution for one year (all prices ex. VAT). This includes:
- Two-hour ‘What Makes Great Assessment?’ webinar – open to all school staff
- Two places on the programme – because professional development has more impact when colleagues collaborate and support each other!
- Tools and resources to help apply your learning
Additional places on the programme are £500 per person; however, EBE are currently offering a third place for only £300 or 5 places for a total of £2,200!
How to book?
Book your school’s place on the Assessment Lead Programme here: https://ebe1.typeform.com/ALP