BSME Games 2020-21
The BSME Games are often the pinnacle of our member schools' sporting calendar, and is the leading inter-country multiple sport competition in the Middle East. The purpose of the Games is to:
- provide students with a variety of sporting opportunities at an appropriate level for all member schools in a safe and competitive environment;
- ensure equal opportunity and participation to both boys and girls;
- expand students’ learning experience in sportsmanship and in the value of healthy competition;
- recognise the value of the benefits of training in preparation for competition;
- facilitate specialisation in sports appropriate to their age group;
- engage host schools by having sufficient flexibility to organise a programme appropriate to their particular environment and capacity.
The Games are divided into 4 events; the BSME U15 Games, the BSME U13 Games, the BSME U11 Large Games (for schools with four-form entry or more at year 6) and the BSME U11 Small Games (for schools with three-form entry or less at year 6).
To have a look at the BSME Handbook 2019 - 20, please click here.
After several discussions with the HoPE Committee and the Executive Committee, the unfortunate but necessary decision has been made to cancel all BSME Games that were due to take place this academic year, 2020-2021.
To have a look at information from our previous Games please click here.